Provide direction and coordination of FFVA activities related to all aspects of crop production, including identification of educational and research needs of the membership and emerging issues that could impact Florida producers:
- Regulatory issues and enforcement related to crop protection tools
- Nutrient management
- Invasive pests
- Non‐target impacts of crop production practices
Scope of work:
• Identify and coordinate FFVA membership regulatory compliance needs for crop production activities.
• Identify and prioritize research gaps for crop production practices, pest management and invasive pests.
• Support development of policy positions, comments and other regulatory interventions as federal and state programs affecting crop production and management practices are introduced, mandated and implemented.
• Identify gaps in educational programs available to the membership on crop production innovations or regulatory programs and support development of FFVA outreach and education activities.
• Serve as a forum for development of collective response on crop production issues for the membership.
Facilitate the collection, compilation and prioritization of research needs identified by the policy committees of FFVA and communicate, coordinate and collaborate with the Florida Specialty Crop Foundation, the University of Florida, the USDA Agricultural Research Service and other research institutions to ensure the priority needs of FFVA’s members are met:
- Assessment of industry needs
- Coordination with state and federal research institutions
- Collaboration with Florida Specialty Crop Foundation
Scope of work:
• Compile and catalogue research needs as identified by the policy committees.
• Develop a framework for communicating the needs of the Florida industry to research institutions.
• Provide a forum for development of a priority ranking system for research needs.
• Identify and facilitate participation in funding to provide the needed research opportunities.
• Provide for collective participation in the identification of critical research positions across the commodity diversity within the FFVA membership.