FFVA Transportation Program
Florida Fruit & Vegetable Association’s Transportation Program is for the exclusive benefit of our growers, packers and shippers.
The program helps you grow sales through its high-quality service, ample transportation equipment and competitive rates. You receive comprehensive services in a customized program.
Managed by C. H. Robinson Worldwide, the program’s strength is C.H. Robinson’s ability to consolidate freight to gain competitive advantages in capacity, service and rates.
• Handling of all types of freight originated or received by FFVA members, including fresh and processed fruits and vegetables, packinghouse machinery and farm inputs
• Truckload and less-than-truckload service to all points in the U.S. and Canada
• Global forwarding services
Rates and Market Information
• Rates tailored to shipper requirements, including spot-market quotes, ad and promotional rates, and seasonal or yearly contract pricing
• A weekly report of anticipated transportation market conditions and general rate quotes from Florida to principal U.S. and Canadian markets and Walmart distribution warehouse locations
Website Access and Tracking
• Year-round 24/7 communication and access
• Tracking of in-transit freight. This capability also can extend to your customers.
• EPA SmartWay carriers. SmartWay® is an EPA program that reduces emissions by creating incentives to improve supply-chain fuel efficiency.
• Network analysis to optimize distribution patterns and minimize costs
• An account manager is assigned to each shipper
• Development of an overall logistics program tailored to specific shipper needs
• Operations are 24/7/365
• CHRW assumes liability for transportation-related loss and damage on shipments via its carriers
This service is provided exclusively to FFVA members.
Mike Aerts, Florida Fruit & Vegetable Association
Rob Lynch, C.H. Robinson Worldwide